Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mini Ping Pong Table? Good idea bad idea?

I saw a set like this for sell at the store the other day:

Desktop Ping Pong
http://www.amazon.com/NPW-USA-W3925-Desktop-Ping/dp/B0011BARFA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1358793000&sr=8-4&keywords=mini+ping+pong+table

This set on Amazon costs about $9.00. The one I saw the other day was a little more expensive.

I don't get it. The paddles are no were near full size. I understand that the kit is trying to be space friendly but do full size ping pong paddles really take up that much space? The net is also cheap won't last long a full game.

I really don't care for many of the table top games that were hot sellers this past Christmas. There saw table top pool, ping pong, Foosball, and air hockey. These games were cheaply and mass produced. In my opinion the table top foosball and air hockey games were fun and okay buys for around $10.00 if you are going to play them and take care of them. The pool and ping pong ones were simply not worth it. Mostly they were bought by grandparents and uncles who did not know what toy to buy. They were opened on Christmas morning and now sit in a closet.

So when it comes to mini ping pong go buy a set of real paddles and a few ping pong balls (they will cost about the same as this mini set) and find some cardboard or wood (like a 2 by 6 you have laying around) and play ping pong that way. You'll have a lot more fun!  

I recently found out about a table top bumper pool table:


http://www.wayfair.com/Park-and-Sun-Table-Top-Dice-Football-Bumper-Pool-Game-TTC-DF-BP-PSS1058.html

I can't find one is stock anywhere. I would love to give it a shot I can't decide if it is big enough to really have fun with or if the balls are so small that I would find playing with it really frustrating. The table is 2 2/3 ft long which is more than half the length of a full size bumper pool table. 

If anyone would like to add to the cause and send me one of these mini bumper tables I will happily play on it some and review it on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment