Saturday, February 9, 2013

Bottlecap Bocce


So we all love the wonderful game of Bocce. If you have never heard of the game of bocce check out this video below:
So this is a new game I created the other night. My wife and I have been playing it and have found it to be great fun. It is played on a tabletop (any smooth tabletop will work) with 1 small bottle cap, a set of milk jug bottle-caps, and some type of cue stick.

All I had were blue milk jug lids so I took a sharpe and marked three of them purple and three black. The next time I am by a recycling bin I'll get some red bottle caps. The small bottle cap acts as the targetball. It is placed on the table before the round starts. A Cue line is set in which players must cue off behind. Then players take turns shooting their caps similar to bocce.
 
 
 The only special rule needed is for when the target-cap goes off the table. I play that if the target-cap goes off the table the caps are returned to were they were before and the cap just hit is removed from play. 

I've been using a metal dowel rod that was sitting around my apartment when I moved it. A wooded dowel rod would work well; they only cost a dollar or two. You could also probably use a cheap cue stick from Walmart. This is a fun and simple game so give it a shot! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment